To access a new market, a business should consider the following 10 steps:
1. Consider the language of the country, ensuring navigation and important information is translated to suit.
2. Prepare website keywords and search engine listings to suit the language.
3. Product instructions or manuals must also be translated to suit.
4. Some products may require approval by the country’s authorities.
5. Check out VAT/GST and other tax issues.
6. Establish an after-sales and repair service reasonably close to the new market.
7. Establish a toll-free number directed to either your own business or a branch or a partnering business close by.
8. Promote the website within the new market area using the appropriate strategies, eg email, reciprocal links with local prominent website services and portals, newspapers, magazines, TV/Radio etc.
9. Specify where legal issues are to be dealt with.
10. Determine a suitable currency for exchange