MICRO supports the development of basic and transversal skills (such as entrepreneurship, ability to operate in the EU Single Market, self-employment) in an innovative way: the innovative method of MICRO relies on its bottom-up and demand driven approach while consolidating on the expertise and experience of VET practitioners and technical experts. The innovative method also relies on the openness of approach in the utilization of results, making MICRO an open platform not only for
training and capacity building, but also for networking, cross-border transaction facilitation and match-making throughout EU for rural microenterprises
MICRO also supports the development of high quality work-based VET solutions that are close –if not already embedded- into the labour market and can be implemented
at work-base level within existing microenterprises (to enhance the competitiveness of already existing craft-type of enterprises and microenterprises to tap into EU
single market and cross-border transactions) as well as in prospective micro-craft enterprises and entrepreneurs in rural areas.
MICRO supports the integration of digital solutions and ICT in learning, teaching and training by developing, testing and validating and finally deploying at full scale a
Open Educational Resource that will allow project results to be readily available outside the realm of the partnership and in other EU entities and countries,
especially for microenterprises in rural areas.
MICRO addresses capacity and training needs of micro enterprises in rural areas across the EU to sustain their competitiveness for enhanced growth and employment. Microenterprises represent the social and economic backbone of the EU; their low competiveness and lack of integration in the EU Single Market is a shared challenge that cannot be tackled by isolated national (if not regional) interventions.
MICRO becomes the concrete platform for collaboration among various actors involved in microentrepreneurship promotion: VET providers, academia, private sector, facilitators and accelerators, NGOs. Such a comprehensive partnership empowers MICRO to respond to the pressing challenge of devising and deploying sound and relevant training tools that proactively and practically enhance microenterprises across the EU.
MICRO's innovative character lies also in the following elements:
1. Practical approach: MICRO will develop innovative content in a pragmatic and concrete way to provide practical knowledge, skills and competencies to the target groups.
2. Demand driven approach: the methodological approach hinges on the direct involvement of end users and target groups at the various stages of implementation of the project, from analysis, development and customisation of the training, testing and validation of the courses and finally in the deployment of the validated training. The courses will hence be designed, tested, validated and implemented with the direct involvement of interested target groups ultimately reversing the hitherto supply driven approach focused on the provider rather than the end-users.
3. Multidimensional approach: the great innovation is to define a multidimensional methodology that embeds for the first time practical knowledge with concrete training and guidance tools for micro and craft-type enterprises to enhance their competitiveness.
4. Multifunctional Methodological approach combining consolidated training techniques with empirical evidence to produce immediate impact: MICRO will be based on target needs already identified and confirmed by EU policy papers and industry/sector specific literature; in addition, the initial phase will corroborate these needs by means of a Capacity Gap Assessment with factual investigations to pinpoint the specific capacity needs of the target group of micro/craft-type enterprises that will be engaged from the beginning of the project.
5. Partnership: the project brings together representatives of the target groups, business associations, training service providers and ICT specialised companies to generate exponential value in the results and impact of MICRO.